What is Aadhar Card and Why you need one?
Aadhar Card is identification proof for every Indian citizen. Aadhar card contains personal details like Aadhar holders name, address, contact number, age, date of birth, fingerprints (biometric information) and the most important 12 digit unique and randomly generated aadhar number.
Aadhar Card is issued by an Indian government organization called the Unique Identification Authority of India aka UIDAI. UIDAI has the authority to process your aadhar application and after successful verification of your identity and data, they will issue a unique 12 digit randomly generated Aadhar number.
The importance of Eaadhar aka aadhar card is increasing day by day because the government is making aadhar card mandatory to avail free benefits like LPG subsidy and Awas Yojhnas etc. Though from recent verdicts of the Supreme court of India says that Aadhar is not compulsory but we can’t neglect the importance of aadhar. So, it’s better to have it and if you don’t have it then here are a complete process to get Eaadhar card along with Aadhar card update process.
The first step is the aadhar enrollment process which is very easy. You just have to visit your aadhar enrollment center and fill up a simple form and need to submit one ID proof Xerox like Driving license, PAN card, voter ID card or Passport etc. Once you did with aadhar enrollment You will get Aadhar Enrollment Receipt which helps you track aadhar card status online. Once all done you can download your eaadhar card from given steps.
Remember You will receive your Eaadhar OTP only on your Registered Mobile Number, Which you have Provided at the Time of Aadhar Enrollment Process.
E aadhar Download Process
Recently Downloading Eaadhar Process has changed by UIDAI. Previously You just have to fill up few details from your Aadhar enrollment slip but after recent up gradation in UIDAI portal, you also have to fill up a Quick Survey (Which isn’t compulsory though) so that UIDAI try to improve their services. One more option to download aadhar card has added apart from UID and EID which is VID (The virtual ID can be used for the purpose of authentication in the same way the Aadhaar number is used.) So, let’s see the process in detail.
NOTE – Make Sure you have your registered mobile number handy to receive OTP.
STEP-1: Open UIDAI portal -> https://uidai.gov.in
STEP-2: On the Home Page of UIDAI Portal click on Download Aadhar Option from First Tab under Aadhar Services Tab
STEP-3: Once you click on Download Aadhar link you will be redirected to this Page -> https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
STEP-4: Now to download Eaadhar you need to enter your personal details along with EID number given in the enrollment slip. You need to enter the following details
- 14 digit Enrollment NO and 14 digit Date-Time stamp printed on the Enrolment Slip (EID Example-EX. 1234/12345/12345) (Date & Time format EX. 01/12/2018 010:10:18)
- Full Name as given in Enrollment Slip
- 6 Digit PIN Code
- Security Code also is known as Captcha code for human verification purpose
Once you enter all the details click on “REQUEST OTP” tab
Note- One-time password (OTP) will be sent to your Registered Mobile Number. or in case you have m-Aadhaar you can generate TOTP
While UIDAI generates your Aadhaar you are requested to take a survey and share your experience with them. Your feedback matters to us and by taking this quick survey you will help them in improving Aadhaar Services.
Once you click on Download aadhar tab and if your aadhar card has generated then you can download your Eaadhar which has equal importance as original aadhar card. One PDF will open which contains your Eaadhar. Here note one thing that your e-aadhar PDF is PASSWORD PROTECTED and here is the method to open your Eaadhar PDF.
Aadhar Card Password
After Downloading Eaadhar You need PASSWORD to open PDF File. PDF File is Password protected due to Security reasons.
The New e-Aadhaar Letter pdf Password will be of 8 Characters as shown in the Above Example. It’s a Combination of the first 4 letters of your name and Year of Birth. (See above image as a reference)
SSUP – Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
In the above section, we have discussed how you can download Eaadhar but sometimes your eaadhar contains wrong information of yours like different Name, address and wrong mobile number, and date of birth. The reason is everyday UIDAI got thousands of application for the verification process and there is a possibility of mistake.
To make Aadhar Correction UIDAI has also introduced a platform called SSUP (Aadhar Self Service Update Portal) where you can apply for aadhar correction process. You just have to fill up an aadhar update form and need to submit one ID proof copy online or offline.
There are Basically 2 Ways you can Change your Aadhar Details or in another term, You can do Aadhar Correction.
- Aadhar Correction Online at SSUP
- Aadhar Correction Offline at SSUP
Aadhar Correction online at www uidai gov in card status
Kindly Follow the Given Steps to Update your Aadhar Details Online at SSUP – Aadhar Self Service Portal.
- First Step is to open Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- Now To submit your address update/correction request please click on PROCEED button given in the Bottom of the page.
- In next Step Enter Your 12 Digits Aadhaar Number and Verification code in the next box
- Now click on Send OTP and once you get OTP on your registered mobile number enter that OTP in the SSUP portal. Once your aadhar and OTP will verify you will enter in the aadhar update process
- Now in the Data Update Request section, you have to choose what you want to change in new Aadhar card like Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address and Mobile number.
- Now in the List appears tick mark on appropriate sections which you want to Correct.
- After Filling all the Details You need to Upload your ID Proof for Verification Purpose.
- The last step is to Select BPO Service Provide and submit a request
Once you complete the process you will get URN number which will help to track your Aadhar Update Status online.
Aadhar Correction Offline at SSUP Update
You can also Update your Aadhar Detail Offline by Filling Aadhar Correction Form. here are the steps.
- Firstly Download Aadhar Correction Form or get it from the nearest aadhar enrollment center.
- Fill up the Form Carefully.
- Attach one Your Document with Self Attest in an Envelope.
- Send this Envelope to One of the Aadhar Regional Office Address Given Below.
- UIDAI, Post Box number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- UIDAI, Post Box number 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Check Aadhar Update Status by URN/SRN number
Once you complete Aadhar Correction process, you will be given one URN (Update request number) or SRN (Service request number)(Both have the same purpose).
URN number will be required to track your aadhar update status online. Here is the process to check aadhar update status by URN number.
STEP-1: First step is to open SSUP status update portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
STEP-2: On the homepage of SSUP update status portal enter your Aadhar Number along with URN and SRN number in given boxes.
STEP-3: Now enter the Text verification code in last Box and click on “GET STATUS“
If your aadhar correction applications have processed by UIDAI then If your Aadhar Update Application has been Done then You will get This type of Messages.
But if your aadhar update form is under process then you have to wait for a few days to verify your application form.
We hope you can able to Download Eaadhar and Update Aadhar Card using Above methods but still If you are facing any Problem Please Comment Down below and We will try to Solve your Problems.
IMP NOTE – DO NOT SHARE YOUR AADHAR DETAIL WITH ANYONE